Can you believe election day is just 2 weeks away?!?! The American Heart Association is supporting a few ballot initiatives in this year that will have a significant impact on the health of Coloradans.
hero_image_alt_text===Image of the Capitol
thumbnail_alt_text===Image of the Capitol
There are two important things to do to ensure your voice is heard:
- Register to vote by Monday 10/29, to get a ballot mailed to you.
- Put your ballot back in the mail by 10/30 OR you will need to drop it off at a ballot box to ensure it gets counted.
There are several ballot issues this year that affect the health of Coloradans. The American Heart Association is asking you to:
- SUPPORT Proposition 110 to fix our transportation system in a responsible and healthy way.
- OPPOSE Proposition 109 to keep Colorado out of debt and protect services like Medicaid and education.
- SUPPORT DENVER Ordinance 302 to provide Denver kids with healthy food and nutrition education. Click the link to register to help get the word out to fellow voters about supporting healthy food for kids.
- SUPPORT BOULDER Measure 2D to support community health programs in Boulder; and
- SUPPORT AVON Ballot Issue 2B to raise the tobacco tax and decrease deadly tobacco use in Avon.