We have an exciting opportunity for you! We are launching the 2nd Annual You’re the Cure T-shirt Design Contest!
hero_image_alt_text===It's T-shirt Time
thumbnail_alt_text===It's T-shirt Time
We are looking for creative t-shirt designs that promote You’re the Cure advocacy at our events during our next fiscal year. Have an idea for our volunteer t-shirt? Then we want you!
The entry rules are pretty simple.
- Submit your design, print ready (.EPS or PDF containing vector art), by 11:59 PM CST September 15th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff will determine 4 finalists and we will post those on our Facebook page for voting from September 22nd – October 1st. We will announce the design winner on October 2nd.
- The design winner will receive a $25 Gift card, T-Shirt and a Designer Spotlight post on our social media pages and blogs!
Be sure to LIKE us on Facebook here!
YOU’RE THE CURE T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THESE UNITED STATES ONLY: ILLINOIS, INDIANA, IOWA, KANSAS, KENTUCKY, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSOURI, NEBRASKA, NORTH DAKOTA, SOUTH DAKOTA, AND WISCONSIN. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The YOU’RE THE CURE T-SHIRT DESIGN CONTEST (the "Contest") is designed to challenge ("Entrant(s)" or "You") to use your creativity to support the mission of the American Heart Association to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Winning entries will be chosen and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (the "Rules").
1. BINDING AGREEMENT: To enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. That means You must read these Rules and confirm that you understand and agree to the Rules. You agree that contributing an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the American Heart Association, Inc., (“AHA”) with respect to the Contest.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence) in one of the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin, and (b) at least eighteen (18) years of age. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents of AHA, and immediate family members (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 1, 2017, 12:00 am Central Time (CST) Zone in the United States and ends on October 6, 11:59 pm Central Time (CST) Zone ("Contest Period"). All dates are subject to change. Your entry must be submitted by 11:59 pm Central Time, September 15, 2017.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, send an email to email@example.com, using “2017 T-shirt Contest Design Submission” as the subject line, along your original T-Shirt design. Your entry must meet the "T-Shirt Requirements," described below.
Once the Entry is fully complete, click submit. AHA is not responsible for illegible or incorrectly submitted entries. Incomplete Entries will be disqualified.
5. NO LIMIT ON ENTRIES. To be considered for the Contest, entries must meet the T-shirt Requirements and be: (i) complete (as determined by AHA); (ii) received by 11:59 pm Central Time, September 15, 2017; and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be disqualified. AHA accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. All entries will be considered made by the Entrant at the time of submission.
6. T-SHIRT REQUIREMENTS. The T-Shirt must meet the following criteria ("T-Shirt Requirements"):
- Must be two-dimensional and scannable (e.g., no videos or GIFs)
- Must be original, unpublished works that do not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- Must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by AHA, in its sole discretion.
- Must not contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- Must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- Must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the T-Shirt was created.
- Must not be the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- Must not include any disparaging remarks relating to AHA or any third party.
- Must be suitable to be placed on a white t-shirt.
- Cannot contain more than four (4) colors maximum, but should be flexible to be reproduced in one or two colors.
- Must contain “You’re the Cure” somewhere on the T-shirt design.
- Designs should also include the American Heart Association logo located here: http://www.localheart.org/branding/BrandGuidelines/AHAASALogos/AHAASA-Logos_UCM_465662_SubHomePage.jsp and follow the AHA branding guidelines located here: http://www.localheart.org/branding/BrandGuidelines/Brand-Guidelines_UCM_465663_SubHomePage.jsp
- Acceptable media includes: digital media, watercolor, crayons, pastels, markers, and acrylics.
- Art Media must be suitable to be placed on a white t-shirt.
- If your Entry is selected, a black and white version of the design must also be submitted to AHA and the original drawing must be submitted to the AHA.
- Designs should be fitting for both men and women.
- Design must be submitted as a JPG file for purposes of initial judging and for posting on AHA social media sites although the initial submission may be a photo of a drawn design.
- If your design is chosen, you must be willing to sign and agree to a privacy and/or publicity release, and agree to have your efforts recognized.
- Design must showcase the mission of the AHA to build healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
7. JUDGING: Each entry will be evaluated and scored based on the T-Shirt Requirements and the following criteria ("Criteria"): (i) overall creativity, (ii) concept and originality, (iii) relevancy to You’re the Cure, (iv) ease of reproduction, (v) eye appeal and visibility from a reasonable distance (vi) faithfulness to the T-Shirt Requirements. Completed and eligible Entries will be initially reviewed by the Judges, who will choose the top four (4) designs to be posted on multiple AHA Facebook pages for on-line voting. The contest winner will be determined by the number of votes received across these multiple AHA Facebook pages during the posting period from September 22, 2017, through October 1, 2017.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
8. TIE BREAKER: In the event of a tie, AHA will evaluate the tied entries until the tie is broken, or the entries may be put up for a re-vote until the tie is broken.
9. THE JUDGES: a panel of judges as selected by AHA.
10. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. The Winner(s) will be notified by email, using the email address used for the entry submission. If a winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, or an email notification is returned as undeliverable after three (3) attempts then such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein.
With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the winner engages in a live conversation with AHA or when a message is left on the winner's voicemail service or answering machine by the AHA, whichever occurs first.
AHA makes no warranties regarding prizes. Prizes are not transferable and winners have no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). AHA reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
11. DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES ARE FINAL AND BINDING. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a winner is unable for whatever reason to accept their prize, then AHA reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a winner is unable for whatever reason to accept their prize, then AHA reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
12. VALIDATION AND VERIFICATION: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a winner is disqualified for any reason, the entry that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the winner. Except where prohibited by law, each winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by AHA. If required, winners must return all such required documents as instructed within forty-eight (48) hours following attempted notification or such winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding. All winners agree to keep the entry strictly confidential between submission and the entry's final launch.
AHA may require the winners to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, "Affidavit"). All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
13. PRIZE: A T-shirt with the winning design, $25 Visa Gift Card, and recognition by the AHA on social media sites and blog posts; and winning design may be utilized on official AHA products.
AHA reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and actual retail value will not be awarded. The prize(s) may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner will bear all responsibility for use of the prize(s) in compliance with any conditions imposed by such manufacturer(s), and any additional costs associated with its use, service, or maintenance. AHA has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the prize(s), regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize(s), including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer's warranty that may apply to the prize or any components thereto.
The retail value of each prize is: T-shirt with the winning design - $10; $25 Visa Gift Card - $25.00; recognition by the AHA on social media sites and blog posts - $0.
If you receive a rain check in lieu of the prize, you are entitled by law to receive the prize, an item of equal or greater value, or the cash equivalent of the offered prize within thirty days of the date on which you claimed the prize.
14. TAXES: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO AHA ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY AHA TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES AHA IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. To receive a prize, winners may be asked to submit tax documentation requested by AHA or otherwise required by applicable law, to AHA or a representative for AHA or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. If a winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and AHA may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate winner.
15. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between AHA and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the entry (excluding AHA's rights in the AHA logos/trademarks). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants AHA a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the entry for any purpose, including display on the AHA website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. AHA retains all rights in the AHA products and services and entered and an entry does not serve to transfer any AHA intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
17. PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by AHA at AHA's expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by AHA. AHA will contact Entrants in advance of any AHA-sponsored media request for interviews. Entries may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the entry. AHA reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Winners on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
18. WARRANTY: Each Entrant warrants that an entry is his or her own original work, that he or she is the sole and exclusive owner and rights’ holder of the submitted entry, and that he or she has the right to submit the entry in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any entry that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
19. INDEMNIFICATION: To the maximum extent permitted by law, an Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified AHA at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AHA and/or FACEBOOK from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any entry or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers, if applicable; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
20. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest. AHA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that does not meet the T-Shirt Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification. AHA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in AHA's sole discretion, it believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
21. INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: AHA is not responsible for any malfunction of the Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed entry due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant's/consumer's ability to participate/vote respectively. AHA is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. AHA's failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision.
22. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY, OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, AHA reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. AHA reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, AHA reserves the right to terminate that Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. AHA further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation and if such an attempt is made, AHA reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
23. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances will the submission of an entry into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with AHA. You acknowledge that You submitted your entry voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and AHA and that no such relationship is established by Entrant's submission of an entry under these Rules.
24. RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules are governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
25. WINNER'S LIST: You may request a list of winners after October 6, 2017 by sending self-addressed stamped envelope to: American Heart Association, You’re the Cure T-Shirt Design Contest, 4701 W. 77th Street, Edina, MN 55435.
26. SPONSOR: American Heart Association, Inc., 4701 W. 77th Street, Edina, MN 55435.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
For More Information email firstname.lastname@example.org or, call 952.278.7928