Here's a great opportunity for anyone in Milwaukeee to learn Hands-Only CPR - there are still two training opportunities available!
By the end of 2013, 6,000 Milwaukee residents will be turned into lifesavers at Learn Hands-Only CPR Milwaukee thanks to a grant awarded by the American Heart Association and Cities of Service, a bipartisan coalition of more than 150 mayors who have committed to using service to address pressing local needs.
The City of Milwaukee has been given 1,000 Family and Friends CPR Anytime® Kits as part of a 3 year, $4.5 million grant from the Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Foundation.
The Office of Mayor Barrett is working with the Milwaukee Fire Department, Milwaukee County EMS and the local American Heart Association to train 1,000 individuals in Hands-Only CPRTM at various sites throughout the city. These individuals will each pledge to train five other residents this year using the provided training kit.
About the Training:
- The training takes about 25 minutes.
- Participants will need to be able to inflate their own mannequin and kneel on the ground.
- Each person who registers will receive a free CPR Anytime kit to take with them when they complete the training.
- Each participant agrees to use their kit to train at least 5 additional people. Family, friends, neighbors or coworkers.
- Kits contain all materials in English and Spanish, however not all training event will have Spanish instructors.