Earlier this year, we told you about efforts to consolidate many state programs, including those which protect heart disease and stroke. And while consolidation sounds nice, it means the public wouldn't have a good sense of how state funds are being spent on important health programs. Thanks to your help, the final state budget rejects attempts to consolidate and maintains funding for:
• The Tobacco Control Program
• Obesity and Diabetes Prevention funds
• The Healthy Heart Program
• The Childhood Obesity Prevention Program
• The Cardiac Services program
• Emergency Medical Services
And we know funding is critical: Heart disease and stroke are the number one and four killers of New Yorkers. However, we are making progress and with your help can continue to make New York a healthier state!
Thanks for all you do!