You're the Cure at the Ohio Statehouse
March 9, 2016
Make plans to join us at the Ohio Statehouse as we meet with legislators in support of policies to improve the heart health of all Ohioans.
We will be urging legislators to vote yes on House Bill 113 - CPR in Schools, which will train the next generation of lifesavers.
Registration: Registration for the event is now closed. Please contact [email protected] to register. (Advocates are district matched and appointments scheduled according to your home address. Pre-event registration is required.)
Before the event: We will host briefing conference calls to allow participants to learn the priority issues, logistics for the event, and tips on speaking with legislators. There are two call options on the registration form - you need only participant in one.
Call Options: Friday, March 4 at noon or Monday, March 7 at 10am
Event Day: Registration and training will be held in the Capitol Theatre Lobby at the Riffe Center, 3rd Floor, 77 South High Street, Columbus, Ohio.
Advocacy Day Agenda:
|8:30-9:00am||Registration||3rd Floor, Riffe Center|
|9:00-9:30am||Final Issue Training and Logistics||3rd Floor, Riffe Center|
|9:35am||Participant Photo||3rd Floor, Riffe Center|
|9:35-10:00am||Group Strategy Meetings||3rd Floor, Riffe Center|
|10:00am||Legislative Meetings Begin||Statehouse and Riffe Center|
- Lunch vouchers will be provided and can be used in between your appointments.
- Please note that legislative meetings may continue up until 2:30pm.
- The Capitol Theatre Lobby will be open throughout the day. Participants are encouraged to return between meetings and to fill out meeting evaluation forms following their appointments.
- Driving Directions and Parking Information.
- Accessibility at the Statehouse.