The American Heart Association is committed to helping kids and families live heart-healthy lives. As we educate and lobby lawmakers to support policies that promote healthy and active communities in Rhode Island, we wanted to take an extra step and get students involved through the 2014 Get Active! Poster Contest.
We asked students in grades K-8 to draw a poster and show us their favorite physical activity – and it’s clear from the entries we received that Rhode Island kids love to be active. We received over 1,000 entries, which made the judging extremely difficult. We definitely have tremendous talent in Rhode Island!
The following contest winners were recently recognized during an award ceremony at the State House:
In the Grades K-2 Category:
- 1st place - Olivia Durant from Hathaway School in Portsmouth
- 2nd place – Mychaela Brouillette from BF Norton School in Cumberland
- 3rd place – Maciej Tabak from Melville School in Portsmouth
In the Grades 3-8 Category:
- 1st place – Kayla Aquilante from Winsor Hill School in Johnston
- 2nd place – Susanna Ovsepian from Stadium School in Cranston
- 3rd place – Janyla Donahue from BF Norton in Cumberland
Special thanks to our sponsor East Commerce Solutions - and to all of the teachers and students who participated in this year’s contest!
Click the following link to view some of the amazing entries: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152138010922843.1073741843.312130832842&type=1