Join us for our Heart on the Hill on May 23rd from 11-2 and use your voice to advocate for our key priorities because we believe our residents deserve healthy food and safe places to play.
- Advocate for healthy food and beverage options in vending machines in all State Buildings.
- Advocate for critical public funding to create the Massachusetts Food Trust, a Healthy Food Financing initiative, to increase the number of healthy food retail outlets (supermarkets, grocery stores, farmers’ markets, mobile markets) in underserved communities
- Advocate for increased accountability reporting of schools to provide quality physical education in our schools
- Advocate for funding so that road construction and reconstruction create complete streets that are safe and convenient for all users and all modes of transportation
- Advocate for appropriations for state level reporting and implementation of shared use programs as well as incentives to schools to promote shared use
We will provide an advocacy training that day and you will have scheduled visits with your Representative and Senator (or their staff) to talk about our legislative priorities.