Bicycling and healthy heart advocates are so excited about Mayor Hancock's vision for a walking and biking friendly city!
The proposal includes:
- Funding for a one full-time planner to head a "citywide, strategic approach to pedestrian infrastructure."
- $2.2. million for Denver Moves, a plan to make the city truly bikeable.
- Seven full-time employees dedicated to installing bike-ped infrastructure.
- $1 million to create the initial design for bus rapid transit on East Colfax Avenue.
- Funding to create a citywide transit plan.
- Funding for two neighborhood traffic calming plans.
- $320,000 for "enhanced multimodal crosswalks" on Speer Street and in other areas of the city.
- $200,000 to study turning 21st Street near Coors Field into a "festival street" - an active public realm which includes expanded streetscapes, pedestrian seating areas, bike corrals, special event areas, etc.