Accessible, affordable health care is critical to the fight against heart disease and stroke- and after decades in which the number of people without health insurance has been increasing, we have an unprecedented opportunity to expand coverage to millions of Americans. Beginning October 1st, 2013, uninsured Americans in all 50 states and D.C. will be able to shop for and enroll in coverage that meets their needs and fits their budget through the Health Insurance Marketplace (www.HealthCare.gov).
With 7.3 million heart disease and stroke patients uninsured in the United States (perhaps yourself, a family member, a friend, or neighbor), we all have a role to play in sharing the facts about the new Marketplace and helping to direct people to resources they need to access coverage. That's why we've created the ‘Covering All Americans’ toolkit! From infographics and flyers to fact sheets and presentations, we've provided the tools you need to help share this important information within your community and social networks.
Check out the simple ways you can help spread the facts:
- Share our Health Insurance Marketplace infographic through on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Retweet or share the information we're posting on our You're the Cure Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Change your Facebook cover photo to our Health Insurance Marketplace image when the open enrollment period kicks off on October 1st.
- Print off our Health Insurance Marketplace flyer to share in your community.
- Review our Health Insurance Marketplace PowerPoint presentation to learn the facts- then share with others.