Each year, the American Heart Association invites a diverse group of volunteers to join the Tennessee Advocacy Committee. We are honored to have the following volunteers serving in these important roles for our state.
This year, we are pleased to announce the appointment of Christian Marks as Chair and of Lee Hord as Vice-Chair. Christian is a Ph.D. candidate in molecular physiology and biophysics at Vanderbilt University. Lee is the Director of Operations at Apria Healthcare.
- Richard Courtney, Christianson, Patterson, Courtney and Assoc.
- Kiersten Espiallat, Vanderbilt Health
- Tori Goddard, Pediatric Congenital Heart Association-Tennessee
- Shirley Holt-Hale, self-employed
- Michelle Kearney, St. Thomas Health
- Lorean Mays
- Bonita Nolan, Office of Coordinated School Health
- Dr. Keith Norman, Baptist Memorial
- Nieika Parks, FedEx Corporate Services
- Brian Yoakum, Evans Petree
With the help of these volunteer leaders, we will develop and execute a state policy agenda that will work towards preventing and treating heart disease and stroke in Tennessee. Stay tuned as the committee prepares to release its agenda for the fiscal year.
Leave a comment below, welcoming the 2017-18 Tennessee Advocacy Committee!