Please join us on Wednesday, May 9th in Springfield for our Tobacco 21 Day at the Capitol in partnership with American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, American Lung Association and Respiratory Health Association! This event is free to attend, however advance registration is required.
thumbnail_alt_text===The Time is now...Tobacco 21
We would like to invite you to register to attend the 2018 IL Day at the Capitol on Wednesday, May 9th in Springfield! This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who wants to engage in our advocacy efforts in Illinois. Together we will successfully fight for laws that prevent heart disease and stroke and help make a difference in the lives of thousands of people in Illinois.
On May 9th, we will descend upon the state Capitol to ensure our voices are heard loud and clear that Illinois must pass Tobacco 21 legislation that will raise the age of sale of all tobacco products from 18 to 21. This year, American Heart Association is proud to collaborate with our partners at American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, American Lung Association and the Respiratory Health Association to advocate that “The Time Is NOW: TOBACCO 21”. Please join us.
*A healthy lunch will be provided. There is no cost to attend but advance registration is required.*
Our Day at the Capitol will begin at the Michael J. Howlett Building (501 S. 2nd St, Springfield, IL 62756 on the Capitol Complex) with check-in at 9:30 am and will conclude at the Illinois State Capitol (301 S. 2nd Street, Springfield, IL 62707) at 3:30pm.
All attendees are expected to join us for DATC Pre-event Training Call on Wednesday, May 2nd at 6pm-7pm (CENTRAL). Join by phone at: (888) 512-3141, Participant Code #: 92788981
The call will prepare you for your Day at the Capitol experience and will include:
• An overview of our event activities
• Review of the "Tobacco 21 ask" we will be making of our legislators
• A review of proper etiquette/process of meeting with your legislators that day.
• Specific to do items to complete before the event.
• An update on the current legislative environment
(If you are unable to join the preparation call, we will provide you with a recording via email for you to listen to and prepare.)
Full event details, materials and attendee list will be emailed to registered participants the first week of May.
Event Travel & Parking Notes:
- We will be providing FREE round trip charter bus travel from Northern IL / Chicagoland area. (Bus #1: Addison and Bus #2: Chicago) Individuals interested in securing a seat on the bus will be asked to indicate their request when they complete their event registration. Seats on the charter buses are reserved on a first come first serve basis.
- All other attendees are encouraged (but not required) to carpool with others to the event. Those who drive will be eligible to submit for mileage reimbursement.
- Free parking will be provided 2 blocks away from the Capitol Complex at the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul (815 S. 2nd St, Springfield, IL 62704).
For more information please contact Rae O'Neill at email@example.com