The Senate finished up their budget at the end of May and we were able to be very successful thanks to our advocates!
- We secured $500,000 in funding for stroke prevention and awareness
- We secured language around creating a stroke system of care
- We increased the excise tax on flavored cigars to 210% of wholesale (parity with the tax on other tobacco products)
- We secured up to $4 million of additional revenues to the tobacco prevention and cessation program.
- We secured language that allows the MA Office of Business Development to expend funds on the Food Trust Program.
- We secured $250,000 for the Mass in Motion program to maintain its current funding level.
- Unfortunately despite a tough fight by our sponsor we were not able to secure funding for CPR.
We still have more to go in the process to ensure that these critical priorities. I look forward to continue working with you on these initiatives throughout the conference committee process so that we will continue to improve the ideal cardiovascular health of all our residents!