We are excited that you are joining us May 10th for the 2016 NC AHA You’re the Cure at the Capitol State Lobby Day. To help you feel ready, we want to provide some important information about Lobby Day.
Lobby Day Schedule:
- Registration check-in will open at 8:30 am at the Legislative Building Auditorium (link to map below).
- The training program will begin promptly at 9:00 am and conclude by 10:30 am so that you will be able to visit with your lawmakers. During the training we will go over the day’s events, our "asks" for the day, divide into your Lobby Day meeting groups, and have time to practice with your group.
- Lunch will be at the General Assembly Cafeteria in the Legislative Building.
- Rest area during the day is in the 1200 Court of the Legislative Building. Here you will find AHA staff, have a place to complete meeting evaluations, and take a break.
- All activities will conclude by 3:30 pm.
What to wear and bring with you:
- Visiting the legislature is an active day. So wear comfortable shoes!
- Business attire is recommended, and we request that you wear something red.
- Also – don’t forget to check the weather – if it is supposed to rain, bring your umbrella! (Our event is rain or shine!)
Visiting the Legislature (Parking and Directions):
- Directions to the legislature
- Parking and Map of the Legislative Complex
- Visitor Lot Parking is available on W. Jones Street and Garage Parking is available on Salisbury Street and W. Edenton Street.
- State parking areas accept debit and credit cards as well as cash.
Staying in Raleigh:
If you prefer to come to Raleigh the evening before, here are some hotels in the downtown area that are convenient to the Legislature:
- Marriot City Center: 500 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh NC 27601 - Phone: (919) 833-1120
- Sheraton: 421 South Salisbury Street, Raleigh NC 27601 - Phone: (919) 834-9900
- Holiday Inn (least expensive and closest to the Legislative Complex): 320 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27603 - Phone: (919) 832-0501
We know that was a lot of information to digest! That is why we will wait until next week to send out information about the issues we will be talking with our legislators about. When that information is up, you will be able to read about it by checking back with us on this post.
If you have questions about the logistical information, please contact Kacie Kennedy for more information.