On January 7, 2012, our then 3-year-old daughter, Morgan, had a sudden cardiac arrest due to an undetected rare genetic heart disorder.
hero_image_alt_text===Picture of Morgan
thumbnail_alt_text===Picture of Morgan
bottom_action===Picture of Morgan
We were at Lambeau Field at the time of her arrest. We had our then 7-year-old daughter, Hannah, run for help and call 911, while I began CPR and my husband found someone to bring us an AED. My husband prepared the AED, which indicated the need for a shock, and delivered the shock to our little girl. Once the AED indicated it was safe to do so, I resumed CPR, at which time I felt her heartbeat and she began to scream. The Green Bay Fire Department arrived shortly thereafter and brought our daughter to St. Vincent Hospital. After reading the strip from the AED, the PICU doctors decided to transfer Morgan to Children's Hospital where she underwent surgery to have her own internal defibrillator inserted. Despite everything she has been through, and everything she will go through in the future, she is a happy, healthy 5-year-old, thanks to the chain of survival.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter