The South Carolina legislative session is underway, and we are excited about working with you to support building a healthier state!
hero_image_alt_text===south carolina capitol
thumbnail_alt_text===south carolina capitol
This year our policy agenda includes the following:
- CPR in Schools Implementation Funding: secure funding to support the implementation of Ronald Rouse’s Law, which requires non-credentialed CPR training for high school students.
- SNAP Incentives: replenish Healthy Bucks funds to allow SNAP recipients to obtain additional fresh fruits and vegetables at farmer’s markets.
- Support Local Control: oppose Senate Bill 414, House Bill 3681 and House Bill 3483, which would stop towns and counties from passing local laws that protect children and communities from the harms of tobacco products.
- Tobacco Retail Licensure: support House Bill 3548, which requires businesses that sell tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, to purchase a tobacco retail license. Requiring a tobacco retail license assists law enforcement agencies with compliance checks and can reduce illegal sales to youth.
- Medicaid Expansion: close the health insurance coverage gap in SC by expanding Medicaid to ensure access to quality, affordable healthcare.
Stay tuned to your email as we will be updating you on these issues and others that could impact your cardiovascular health.
For more information on getting involved in South Carolina, contact Betsy Vetter, [email protected].