It’s hard to believe that Arizona starts a new legislative session on Monday, January 13th. While we have been working hard preparing to pass lifesaving policies this year, it is YOU that is critical to our success!
Take action today to fight heart disease and stroke in 2014. CLICK HERE to show your support of the AHA’s legislative priorities this year:
- Add pulse oximetry screening to panel of screenings required for newborns at birthing facilities. Congenital heart defects are the leading birth defects affecting newborns in the United States, but early detection and treatment can make all the difference.
- Community use of school property - The AHA aims to pass legislation to grant civil liability protection to schools who open their recreational facilities to other government and non-government entities
- Require Arizona students to be trained in psychomotor skill based CPR at some point between 7th and 12th grade. Current legislation deems CPR training as voluntary.
Here are two ways you can do to get ready for the upcoming session:
1. Is your profile up-to-date? Please take a moment to update your You’re the Cure profile to ensure that you receive communication on topics that mean the most to you.
2. Share your story. The You’re the Cure network allows advocates like yourself to interact with each other as well as tell your story as a way to motivate and inspire others who may have similar stories to yourself. Your story matters so please inspire us!