It’s hard to believe that Utah is getting ready to start a new legislative session on Monday, January 27. While we have been working hard preparing to pass lifesaving policies this year, it is YOU that is critical to our success!
Take action today to fight heart disease and stroke in 2014. CLICK HERE to show your support of the AHA’s legislative priorities this year:
- Tobacco Control Legislation: Cigarette smoking is the leading cause of preventable disease and death in the United States, claiming about 443,000 lives every year.
- Secure funding for CPR in Schools Training: This policy’s goal is to obtain funding to train all public high school students in CPR before graduation – preparing the majority of Utah’s annual high school students to be life savers! Using CPR and AEDs can triple a victim’s chance of surviving a sudden cardiac event.
Here are three ways you can get ready for the upcoming session:
1. Is your profile up-to-date? Please take a moment to update your You’re the Cure profile to ensure that you receive communication on topics that mean the most to you.
2. Share your story. The You’re the Cure network allows advocates like yourself to interact with each other as well as tell your story as a way to motivate and inspire others who may have similar stories to yourself. Your story matters so please inspire us!
3. Don’t forget, Utah’s Heart on the Hill Day Lobby Day at the State Capitol will be on Friday, February 7th. Please save the date in your calendars and keep an eye out for more details to come! We would love for you to join us in Salt Lake City so please RSVP today, registration is free but space is limited.