IT'S TIME TO STOP VAPING IN WORKPLACES! Time is running out in Albany to close the ecig loophole – yes, electronic cigarettes are allowed where smoking is prohibited! We are working to close this loophole…with just 2 legislative session days left, we need your help! PHONE BLITZ TO ASSEMBLY AND SENATE LEADERS TODAY!!
Leaving a message is easy…we do it all the time. Simply call the numbers below and leave this message:
As a New York State resident, I urge you to pass legislation to include e-cigarettes in the Clean Indoor Air Act.
Senate Majority Leader Flanagan (518) 455-2071
Assembly Speaker Heastie (518) 455-3791
After you leave your message, just send a quick e-mail saying "done" to email@example.com.
When calling, you will likely just be asked for your name and hometown. If you would like, here are other talking points:
- Bill number is S2202 (FOR THE SENATE) and A5955 (FOR THE ASSEMBLY)
- Why are e-cigarettes still allowed in places where you can't smoke? The short answer is because e-cigarettes didn’t exist when the earlier law was passed.
- What do we know about e-cigarettes? That's the problem - we don't know enough. We need more research about the long-term health impact of e-cigarettes.
- We do know e-cigarettes are dangerous because they target young people, can keep people hooked on nicotine, and threaten to “re-normalize” tobacco use.
- Even more disturbing, according to a new report from the CDC, e-cigarette use tripled among U.S. middle and high school students in just one year.
Let's close the e-cigarette loophole! Thanks everyone!