It’s election season in New Hampshire for all state level lawmakers! Following the November 6 election, we will find as many as 1/3 of our lawmakers will be new and 2/3 returning from last session. We will soon have the opportunity to share the American Heart Association’s policy priorities with our newly elected and returning lawmakers and ask for their support on our issues.
Each year the AHA presents a robust policy agenda for our lawmakers to support that will enable our families, neighbors and communities to live longer, healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke in our state. In the coming months, You’re The Cure Advocates will receive information to share with lawmakers to gain their support of policies to make our communities healthier and safer including:
• Policies to help our children grow to be a healthy weight and prevent chronic disease;
• Building active transportation options in communities to ensure people can be physically active;
• Increasing the number of people trained and ready to save a life with CPR;
• Raising the minimum sales age for tobacco products to 21 to keep kids from lifelong addictions and,
• Creating coordinated systems of care for stroke and cardiac patients