The 2015 Oklahoma Legislature will convene for Session on February 2, 2015. As a result of the 2014 election, 28 new House and Senate members were elected to serve in the Oklahoma legislature. Additionally, many changes were made to key committee assignments.
This session, the OK Advocacy team will focus on issues that will move improve the heart and brain health of Oklahomans.
Such priorities include:
- Healthy Options in Vending Machines on State-Property
- Establishing a System of Care for Stroke patients
- Funding for Shared Use Implementation and Grants
- Increasing Oklahomans Access to Care
- Reducing Oklahomans Tobacco Use
We need your help to engage all legislators on the importance of these issues. If you are interested in getting involved this session, please email Naomi Amaha, Oklahoma Government Relations Director at [email protected] , to learn more about the AHA public policy priorities and get involved.