From to Marshall to Mountain Iron, big things are happening in the Minnesota Food Charter Network.
To continue to support local and regional food access work, the University of Minnesota Extension is coordinating the Minnesota Food Charter in Action series—nine events across the state in November and December to bring together community members, elected officials, and food access leaders to envision a food system we all deserve.
The goals of the series are to:
- Build and strengthen relationships.
- Recognize and share local efforts around healthy food access.
- Identify challenges, community-driven solutions, and policy priorities.
- Build momentum for collaboration and next steps for action.
All Minnesotans have a role to play in making the healthy choice the easy choice for all. Help share solutions and action steps to improve healthy food access. Here’s how you can get involved:
- Sherburn: November 13, 2017
- St. Cloud: November 17, 2017
- Moorhead: November 20, 2017
- Bemidji: November 25, 2017
- Morris: November 28, 2017
- St. Paul: November 29, 2017
- Red Wing: November 30, 2017
- Mt. Iron: December 1, 2017
- Marshall: December 6, 2017
For more information on the events click here
Thank you to the Minnesota Food Charter Network, the Minnesota Department of Health, and the Center for Prevention at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota for sponsoring these events.