- Name: Mary Mandel
- Occupation: Cardiac Medical Yoga Instructor
- How long have you been volunteering with the American Heart Association and what is your volunteer role: I have been volunteering since 2011. I volunteer for Go Red for Women, and I am also on the Passion Committee. This year, I am starting to volunteer for the Advocacy team and I have joined the Austin Grassroots Action Team.
- Why do you advocate for Heart: To build awareness and to saves lives! I never thought I would be affected by heart disease, and it ended up nearly taking my life...twice! Perhaps if I had seen another young, healthy woman speak about heart disease, I would have recognized the symptoms and I would have gone to the emergency room sooner, which would have prevented many of the heart issues I now live with and manage on a daily basis.
- What is something in your life that you love: I absolutely love seeing my little 5-year old boy grow into the smart, compassionate, sweetheart that he is.
- What is your all-time favorite thing to do on your time off: yoga, meditation, and drumming!
- Fun Fact about yourself: I have lived in nearly every corner of the world...Europe, Asia, South America and India.