May is Stroke Month and your voice can have a powerful impact on our advocacy efforts. This month we are asking you to create and share a video that we can share on our social media and with elected officials!
It will only take a few minutes. The simple steps are listed below, and here one of our advocates shows you just how easy it is!
The video should be about 30 seconds. Record the video on your phone horizontally (not vertically).
- Hi, I’m [Name] and I’m from [city or town you live in].
- Brief description of why you are involved with the American Stroke Association [i.e. “Four years ago, I survived a stroke.”]
- In these trying times, we need to make sure stroke patients are receiving the best care possible.
- In Massachusetts, first responders are required by law to take stroke patients to the closest hospital. Unfortunately, the closest hospital may not be the best hospital to treat them.
- We need a law that allows first responders to bypass the local hospital when necessary, getting the patient to the best care right away.
- This will save lives.
- We need to take action. Stroke won’t wait and neither should we.
Our advocacy work has an impact because of your dedication and we can’t thank you enough for your continued efforts. Please send your completed videos, to email@example.com or text it to 857-540-9686.