We have a number of legislative priorities this year that will help us work towards building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. We are excited about the number of opportunities we have and we appreciate your ongoing support to outreach to your elected officials. Here are what we will be working on over the next two years!
- Support policy that would develop a Coordinated Stroke System of Care to improve the treatment of the stroke patient SD#785 and HD#1029 sponsored by Senator Montigny and Representative Cusack.
- Support policy that require 150 minutes per week in elementary school and 225 minutes per week of physical education in middle school SD#332 sponsored by Senator McGee.
- Support Policy that would provide healthy vending options in all state and municipal owned buildings HD#2021 sponsored by Representative Kulik.
- Support policy that clarifies liability rules for the use of school owned recreational facilities for the purpose of physical activity HD#677 sponsored by Representative Michlewitz.
- Support policy that that would development and implement a reimbursable telemedicine program SD#803 sponsored by Senator Montigny.
- Support policy that would require all public schools to have AED’s SD#841 sponsored by Senator Montigny.
- Support policy that addresses e-cigarettes by modernizing tobacco control and protecting the health of minors HD#2015 and SD#1200 sponsored by Representative Sanchez and Senator Chandler
- Support policy that would keep people healthy by removing barrier to cost-effect care HD#1690 sponsored by Representative Farley-Bouvier.
- Support policy that require expansion of comprehensive cessation coverage HD#272 and SD#1460 sponsored by Representative Linskey and Senator Donoghue
- Support policy that would fund state tobacco cessation and prevention programs HD#913 sponsored by Representative Gregoire.
We look forward to working with you this year on these important lifesaving issues.