In 2021, we’re continuing to urge our lawmakers to make building longer, healthier lives a top priority!! Join us for our virtual Heart on the Hill Online and make your voice heard! The great thing is you will be able to do this from the comfort of your home.
During the week of March 22, we are asking you to focus your efforts on one of our key issues – reducing the consumption of sugary drinks, which are a leading cause of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes. We aim to do this by passing legislation (Bill SD.478 in the Senate; Bill HD.1421 in the House) that would tax drinks based on the amount of sugar they contain.
We have series of actions you can do during the week of 22nd.
- Reach out to your legislator to schedule a virtual meeting or phone call.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local paper about the issue.
- Post on social media about the issue.
- Send an email letter to your lawmaker.
- Recruit friends and family to help amplify our voices on these issues.
We will be having a pre-event training an issue and how to training:
- March 18th at 12 pm.
- March 22nd at 6 pm.