We’re pleased to announce the appointment of our Louisiana Advocacy Committee for 2018-2019. Chairing the committee this year is Dr. Brent Rochon, a cardiovascular specialist in Lafayette and Franklin. Crystal Pichon serves as Vice Chair. She is Executive Director of The Safety Place of Baton Rouge.
Other members include:
- Coletta C. Barrett RN, FACHE, FAHA of Baton Rouge;
- Kay Eddleman, Supervisor of Training at Ochsner Community Training Center of New Orleans;
- Tamara Sabine, long-time advocate in Baton Rouge and former Chairwoman of the American Heart Association’s Louisiana State Advocacy Committee;
- Tiffany Dickerson, a proud Baton Rouge native and Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Culture, Recreation, & Tourism;
- Beverly Thompson, President and Executive Counsel of Brooks Thompson Consulting in Baton Rouge and Emerge Louisiana Class of 2018;
- Stanley Savage, Senior Financial Auditor of Blue Cross Blue Shield in Baton Rouge, and Board Member and Treasurer for the 100 Black Men of Metro Baton Rouge;
- Lauren Kearley, MBA, representative of the American Heart Association's Baton Rouge PULSE, our young professionals group that moves forward the mission of the organization in the Capital Area;
- Mitzi LaSalle, former Alexandria City Councilwoman, where she was the first African American woman elected to the council in 2010; and
- Jessica N. Hunter, Women's Health Infertility Office Administration/Clinical Trial Healthcare Professional (Fibroids & Endometriosis), Northwest Louisiana advocate.
Throughout the year, the Louisiana Advocacy Committee will provide input on which state and local policies to pursue in the state to build a healthier future, as well as work to advance policy issues via their own activities and contacts. Stay tuned for our 2018-2019 state and local policy agenda to find out what we’re working on! As a You’re the Cure advocate, we’ll need your help to speak up for policies that impact heart disease and stroke in Louisiana.