Join us for a few minutes, make a difference for a lifetime--right from your home, office or wherever you are!
hero_image_alt_text===WOMAN AT COMPUTER
thumbnail_alt_text===WOMAN AT COMPUTER
Virtual Day of Action offers the opportunity to help create a healthier Kentucky, however your schedule allows!
- 10-10:45 am: Event Kickoff and Q&A. Join us via Zoom to learn more about policies that will create a healthier Kentucky--and how to discuss them with your lawmakers.
- 10:45 am: Leave your message with lawmakers! Following our event, you'll receive all the information you need to be patched through to leave a brief message with lawmakers. It's that easy!
- 10:45-11 am: Optional Chat with Us! Your Kentucky AHA Advocacy team will be available immediately after the training to answer additional questions, or simply to chat.
- Nix the Next: We'll urge lawmakers to help #NixtheNext generation of tobacco and nicotine addiction by supporting legislation that would give control of the sales and marketing of tobacco and nicotine products back to our communities.
- Kentucky Heart Systems of Care: We'll also discuss legislation that would help ensure Kentuckians who experience heart attacks get to the right facility in the right amount of time for the best chance at a full recovery.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Incentives: We'll share more about efforts to fund additional matching dollars to SNAP recipients to purchase locally grown fruits and vegetables, helping families stretch their monthly SNAP benefit and benefitting the local economy.
Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Funding: Kentucky lawmakers have an opportunity to fund programs that help prevent Kentuckians from becoming addicted to tobacco and nicotine and help those who want to quit.
REGISTER TODAY AND MAKE PLANS TO JOIN US!
Your Kentucky AHA Advocacy Team
P.S. Feel free to share with anyone you know who might also like to join us!