You might not know that we have needed your help if you are a Gmail user.
hero_image_alt_text===Google and email apps
thumbnail_alt_text===Google and email apps
I recently discovered that Google has made some changes to their email algorithms which has been affecting what emails you see and what category they have placed in.
In my personal Gmail account, this meant that the action alerts from You’re the Cure Network and other American Heart Association emails were ending up in my spam folder or being lost on the Promotions tab.
There is a fix to this situation, and I am going to give you step by step instructions on how to first find your messages and second how to let Gmail know that these emails are important to you.
- Check your spam folder for our emails. I suggest searching for Action Alert and/or American Heart Association.
- Once you have marked it as not spam.
- Create a filter. I suggest that you create a filter because there is no guarantee that Google won’t keep sending the messages to spam.
- Click on the three dots to the right of the contact's information. In this case, the sender was [email protected] and the menu below will pop up. Please choose, “Filter messages like this”.
- Create the filter filling the from <[email protected]> and/or terms like the American Heart Association. Then click create filter.
- Next select rules for the filter. I selected that these emails need to go to my primary account.
- Other suggested rules: Never send to spam, Always Mark it as important. Then click create filter.
You can apply this technique to other important emails that you are expecting to see in your inbox. Let me know if this helps you or if you have any other pointers for us to share.