Colorado Advocates: We want to make the healthiest choice the easy choice by advocating for healthier food and beverage options in vending machines in city-owned buildings across Denver.
These options create a healthier environment for city employees, citizens, visitors and participants in city programs. Healthy Food standards can benefit Denver residents in many ways including:
- Demonstrating a commitment to addressing obesity
- Increasing access to healthier food options
- Decreasing daily sodium intake
- Decreasing empty calorie consumption
- Decreasing added sugar intake
- Increasing dietary fiber sources
- Assisting to help reduce economic burden of obesity
Please show your support for this important policy by lending your name to our online support list!