Dozens of advocates traveled to Beacon Hill to join us for our Annual Heart on the Hill Event.
They came to share their stories and advocate for:
- Developing a Coordinated Stroke System of Care to improve the treatment of stroke patients and enact statewide standards for a stroke registry.
- Raise the minimum legal sale age (MLSA) for all tobacco products to 21 years
- Support significant increases in a tiered excise tax on sugary drinks and using the revenue to support increased access to water.
- Require healthy food choices in vending for all state building
- Require quality physical education standards and the assessment of the current standards to increase accountability reporting of schools to provide quality physical education.
It was a successful day with a large number of legislators expressing support for policies that will help to improve the heart health of the Commonwealth. We look forward to continuing to bring awareness on the critical impact these key policies can bring.