Today is National Food Day, a day dedicated to improving our food system and eating healthier. Here are a few fun ways you can participate in National Food Day:
- EAT REAL! Make a nutritious meal for dinner tonight using one of our Heart-Healthy recipes or the Food Day recipes.
- Tell us why healthy eating is important to you. Share your story here and the post to Facebook or Twitter.
- Take the Eat Real Quiz and share your results on Twitter and Facebook.
- Attend a Food Day event in your area. Find local events at http://www.foodday.org/.
- Snap photos of you celebrating Food Day and share on the You're the Cure Facebook page.
An unhealthy diet and poor nutrition are risk factors for heart disease, stroke and obesity. The AHA supports public policies that increase opportunities for healthy eating in the community and workplace environments -- key places to maintain health. For example, healthy food and beverage purchasing policies for government offices would make healthier options available in cafeterias, vending machines, and meetings.
Have a Happy, Healthy Food Day!