Each year, the American Heart Association invites a diverse group of volunteers to join the Georgia Advocacy Committee. We are honored to have the following volunteers serving in these important roles for our state.
This year, we are pleased to announce the appointment of Laura Colbert as Chair. Laura is the Director of Outreach and Partnerships at Georgians for a Healthy Future.
- Laura Colbert, Georgians for a Healthy Future
- Storm Goodlin, American Cancer Society - Cancer Action Network
- Kimberly Goodloe, Survivor and Community Ambassador
- Dr. Brian Kornblatt, EMS Doctor, Private Practice
- Kenneth Ray, Department of Public Health
- Dr. Tara Underwood, Middle Georgia State University
- Lisa Wilson, Savannah Chatham County Public School Systems
With the help of these volunteer leaders, we will develop and execute a state policy agenda that will work towards preventing and treating heart disease and stroke in Georgia. Stay tuned as the committee prepares to release its agenda for the fiscal year.
Leave a comment below, welcoming the 2017-18 Georgia Advocacy Committee!