On October 21, the American Heart Association's Florida Advocacy Committee approved by consensus the state public policy agenda for the organization.
For fiscal year 2020 at the state level in Florida, the American Heart Association will strive to:
- Protect local communities from state interference
- Raise the state's legal sale age for all tobacco products to 21 (learn more at heart.org)
- Establish a Heart Attack Registry that will enable hospitals to compare their treatment protocols with nearby hospitals and others of similar size across the state (learn more at heart.org)
- Ensure telecommunicators provide CPR instructions as needed to 911 callers
- Increase water access in schools by having all newly constructed schools and schools undergoing major renovations include bottle filling stations
Comment below if you're excited about any of these issues!
We're counting the help of You're the Cure advocates to encourage lawmakers to support these efforts. Stay tuned for future You're the Cure alerts on specific ways you can help!