The American Heart Association recognizes employers who go above and beyond when it comes to their employees’ health. We want to reward organizations for their progressive leadership and concern for their staff. Designed to be a catalyst for positive change in American business, the program recognizes employers who champion the health of their employees by creating physical activity programs within the workplace. The program is also meant to encourage other worksites to participate and demonstrate similar physical activity practices for their employees.
The Benefits of Recognition
There’s no better benefit to offer your employees than helping them have healthier, longer lives, whether your workplace is a school, corporation, hospital or any other type of worksite. By teaming up with the American Heart Association you can help your employees get on their way to better health.
That’s why we’ve created these free tools:
- Employee resources, such as walking and exercise programs, and healthy eating resources
- Materials to help promote your wellness programs to employees, including the free Worksite Wellness Kit
- A quarterly workplace wellness e-newsletter with content you may use in your own newsletters with tips for your employees that you may use in your own newsletters or email communication
What do Fit-Friendly Worksites Receive?
- Recognition in the Honor Roll on the American Heart Association’s website
- Recognition at local events
- The right to use the program’s recognition seal for internal communications to employees and external communications related specifically to employment recruitment
- A recognition plaque to display in your workplace
- An official recognition letter from the American Heart Association
- Consultation on workplace wellness, CPR/AED (automated external defibrillator) programs, and more
How to be Recognized
It’s easy to gain recognition for the work your organization is doing to help fight heart disease.
- Review the requirements for recognition and gather the information needed.
- When you’re ready to apply, visit our online application/renewal site.
- American Heart Association staff and volunteers review your application and determine the recognition level.
- You receive AHA resources, materials, consultation and support.
- Each year you may renew your recognition.