There are lobby days and events at the Capitol every day, but there has never been a day focused on EMS and Acute Care…until yesterday!! AHA MN partnered with the MN Ambulance Association, the College of Emergency Physicians, the MN Resuscitation Consortium, the MN Trauma System and the MN Office of Rural Health to hold an event that focused on emergency medicine in rural MN and highlighted the developing MN Stroke System of Care. AHA has 3 bills this session that focus on Acute/Emergency Care and EMS:
- HF513/SF495 Stroke Protocols for EMS
- HF818/SF790 Funding for the MN Stroke System of Care
- HF188/SF307 Pre Hospital Data Collection & Reporting
After the morning event, our 57 Volunteers headed to the Capitol and State Office to meet with their legislator! Volunteers had many more contacts with staff and left personal notes where their legislators weren't available. Our one sheet and ambulance filled with lifesaver mints were dropped off at all 201 legislators.
Check out the great media coverage the event received!
- Feb 18 - MN News Connection radio wire story (aired on stations statewide)
- Feb 19 - WCCO Radio – aired Justin’s interview several times during the morning news cycle
Thank you to all of our great volunteers who attended and partners who helped make this Legislative Breakfast a great success!