Meet Minnesota State Advocacy Committee Member - Norm Okerstrom
CPR and AED saved the life of his son (actually, people willing to ACT did!)
What brought you to be an advocate for the American Heart Association?
- Family affected personally.
- I was invited to help with the CPR in Schools Bill.
What issues or policies are you most passionate about and why?
- Preventative heart screenings (EKG/Echo) should be mandated for youth
- AEDs should be mandatory in MN in businesses, schools, etc.
What is your favorite advocacy memory or experience so far and what made it great?
- Passed the CPR in Schools Bill
- Led CPR training at the Capitol
What is your favorite way to be active?
What is your favorite fruit or vegetable?