Congress is currently working on an economic recovery package that could be a game changer for advocates like you who want to build a world of longer, healthier lives. You may have heard it referred to as “reconciliation” in the news, but we prefer to call it what it is… A HUGE OPPORTUNITY!
With help from advocates like you, this package could:
- Extend access to affordable health care for millions across the country
- Lower prescription drug prices for patients
- Enhance Medicare to cover dental, vision and hearing
- Ensure all children have access to nutritious food at school
- Support families in caring for each other through paid family medical leave
- Improve public health preparedness for future pandemics like COVID-19
- Introduce a federal tobacco tax on E-Cigarettes to combat the youth tobacco epidemic (BRAND NEW!)
These policies are a win-win for EVERYONE and we need to make our voices heard loud and clear now, while Congress is still negotiating. We originally told you the deadline to take-action was September 15th, but due to delays in Congress we have more time to make our voices heard! Please take advantage of the extra time and opportunity we have by contacting your members of Congress right now (before it is too late!).