The Alabama Advocacy Committee for the American Heart Association consists of community leaders who are committed to fighting heart disease and stroke through public policy.
This year, we're pleased to announce Jessica James, Executive Director of McKemie Place, as Chair of the 2017-18 Alabama Advocacy Committee. Other members include:
- Melanie Bridgeforth, Voices for Alabama's Children
- Dr. Mia Cowan, MiBella Wellness Center
- Connie Dacus, Alabama State University
- Jay Dill, Miller Steel & Miller Office Supply
- Vickie Evans Fuller, Stead Fuller Insurance
- Mim Gaines, Samford University
The committee is responsible for setting and advocating for state policies that impact heart disease and stroke in Alabama. Through their grassroots and lobbying efforts, the committee will help the American Heart Association meet its 2020 Impact Goal to improve the health of all Americans by 20% while reducing deaths from cardiovascular diseases and stroke by 20%.
The committee will release its policy agenda shortly. Stay tuned!