This month we are shining light on Ashley Armenta, our amazing fall intern!
We asked Ashley to share a few tidbits, so you could get to know her better. Thank you Ashley for all of your great work for the American Heart Association.
- What school do you attend? Concorida University Texas
- What is your hometown? Alice, Texas
- What's a fun fact about you? "I like almost everything, almost all of the time. Except fruit. I hate fruit."
- What is your favorite movie? Top Gun
- What are your hobbies? "Trying to get my babies to want to hang out with Daddy more, instead of on me."
- Do you have any pets? Moose, he's 11 years old.
- How old are your kids? Isabella Grace is three years old and Amelia Sofia is one.
- Who is your role model? My grandfather.
- What is your greatest achievement? My children.
- Who are two celebrities or historical figures you would want to have dinner with? Martin Luther King, Jr. and Princess Diana. Because who wouldn't?!
- What is your favorite AHA event and why? "I am fairly new to the AHA, but I sincerely have enjoyed everything and everyone."
To Ashley, advocating with the American Heart Association is important, because everyone in her family has hypertension. She wants everyone to be more informed about heart disease and how we can do better. Not only for themselves, but for each other.