We are excited to share the details of our 2017 State Lobby Day with you!
State Lobby Day is your time to gather with other You’re the Cure advocates and meet with your lawmakers about ways to build a healthier North Carolina. Activities will kick off at on Monday March 13th at 3:00pm with an advocacy workshop and wrap up on Tuesday March 14th at 3:30 pm. Your lobby day will include:
- Advocacy Workshop including issues overview
- Dinner with fellow advocates
- Meetings with your lawmakers and legislative staff
- Lunch at the Legislative Building
- Opportunity to network with other You’re the Cure advocates
2017 Policy Issues
- Support funding for the Healthy Food Small Retailer program: Provides full funding of $1 million to expand a healthy food small retailer program that increases the amount of healthy food offered in existing corner stores in low and moderate income communities.
- Support Physical Education in North Carolina schools: Prioritizes PE as an indicator of school success and make sure parents and community members know how much PE is offered in their schools.
- Hypertension Awareness: Educate legislators about the importance of hypertension monitoring to help decrease cardiovascular disease and stroke.
For those traveling from outside the Triangle, a limited number of hotel rooms have been reserved at the Holiday Inn RDU at 930 Airport Blvd, Morrisville, NC 27560. The advocacy workshop and dinner with advocates will be held at the hotel.
Transportation to the Capitol
A chartered bus will shuttle attendees back and forth from the hotel and the State Legislative Complex on Tuesday, March 14th. Attendees will be able to park cars at the hotel during the day at no charge.
Ready to join us? Register today! The deadline to register is Wednesday, March 1. Your participation in State Lobby Day is of the utmost importance to us. If you have questions, please contact Kim Chidester.